Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Untitled

Yesterday on my looooong drive home back to NC, I had this sudden gut feeling I had to pull over and write. I argued, which those of you who are smarter than me, will know you should never argue with God. But I did. I said I would stop and write when I needed gas or I got hungry. But no, I had to do it right then. And than bam! There was an exit with a gas station right there. So yes, God won the arguement and I exited and wrote. Here it be......Don't have a title for it yet....

Before the beginning of time
You had a plan.
You knew the choices I'd make
You knew the things that would be done.

Through everything that happened
You were there with me
Although I felt alone,
You were there holding me.

You sang to the little girl
Lying on her bed in tears.
You walked along side the teenager
Filled with hurt and anger.

You held the hand of the woman
Lying on that cold table at the clinic.
You held each of her babies
And knew her silent pain she buried.

Through all the abuse and rejection,
The darkness and brokenness
You were there loving on
Your beautiful little girl.

It doesn't make sense to me
Why I am this special to You.
Your love is overwhelming

No comments:

Post a Comment