Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A dream

I had attended a post abortion weekend retreat and this is what I had written to read at the memorial service which was given at the end of the weekend.

Laying in the grass, relaxing.
The sunshine beating down.
A slight breeze across the pond.
I fall asleep dreaming.

I'm deep in the woods.
The path is rocky and uneven.
Its dark and creepy.
I feel afraid and alone.

I stumble along wondering
If I'm giong in the right direction.
After what seems like forever,
I see light in the distance.

As I walk closer,
The darkness fades away.
I stand in the clearing
Blocking my eyes from the bright sun.

I hear child like giggles near-by.
Reaching the top of a hill,
I see a group of children
Playing and laughing.

There's a man with them.
He seems so gentle and caring,
Yet strong and comforting.
There is love in His eyes.

The children sit in the grass listening
To Him as He talks to them.
He holds a little girl in His arms
As He talks softly to her.

Quietly, I try to get closer
Wanting to hear what He is saying.
But before I can get close,
He looks up, right into my eyes.

He stood up taking two children
In His arms, with a third
Holding tight onto His leg.
They walked towards me.

I was afraid to look at Him.
He reached up and wiped
My tears away with
His gentle hand.

The children ran to me
Putting their arms around me.
"I love you Mommy"
They all said to me.

I hugged them tight, not
Wanting this moment to end.
Cherishing this time of
Having them in my arms.

A lound crash of thunder
Woke me from my sleep.
I looked for my children,
But my arms were empty.

Tears came as I realized,
This was only a dream.
But one day, maybe soon,
Would be a dream come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment